Learn all about Climbing in our weekly term run Kids Squad program. Climbing is not only great FUN, but stretches the mind and body. It involves trust and discipline along with strength and co-ordination. It’s about your Personal Goal!
As part of the squad you will learn core climbing techniques, belaying, climbing safety, foundation skills and, of course, have lots of time on the walls. We run three levels in our Squad program, depending on the young climber’s age and experience level. Check out all the details below.
Green Diamond Squad
- Our youngest age group. Generally ranging from 9 to 11 years old
- No previous climbing experience required
- Kids learn key belaying skills and climbing safety
- We focus on having loads of climbing time, positive social interaction and maximizing the climbing fun factor
- We introduce foundational climbing techniques and a sprinkle of light strength training
Orange Diamond Squad
- Focuses on climbers aged 12+ OR younger climbers with previous experience and a positive approach to climbing safety and social interaction.
- This squad is great for kids to start pushing themselves further.
- We spend more time on climbing technique and introduce more strength training concepts.
- This Level squad provides a great mix of pure climbing time and positive social interaction with more structure around technique and strength training.
- Climbers will likely be pushed a bit harder physically and mentally.
- We start to introduce outdoor climbing days for the Orange Squad (generally run once per term – please note that these incur an additional cost).
Red Diamond Squad
- This is our Advanced Squad Level – open to all age groups (by invitation).
- Suited for young climbers that have a solid amount of previous climbing experience and focus on improvement.
- This Squad is not designed for the strongest or best climbers – but for kids that are motivated to develop their technique and strength, support other climbers and contribute to a positive group environment.
- Run in smaller groups to focus on individual attention.
- This squad will push the kids further with a heavier focus on skills coaching, strength improvement and developing strategies for climbing.
- We also run dedicated Outdoor Climbing Days for the Red Diamond Squad group once per term (additional Costs apply).
Term 1, 2024 of Squad Starts on the 10th of February.
Other Things to Know
Term 1 will commence Saturday 10th February, running for 9 sessions.
- Green Diamond Squad – 4pm to 5pm every Monday or Friday
- Orange Diamond Squad – 5.15pm to 6:15pm every Monday or Friday
- Red Diamond Squad – 4pm to 5pm every Saturday
- Green / Orange Squad: $144 per term (9 weeks)
- Red Squad: $180 per term (9 weeks)
- Outdoor Days – we keep these as low as possible, usually just covering transport and guide costs – generally around $60 – $70 per person for the day.
- Full term payment is required at the beginning of each term.
- Please note we accept Active Kids Vouchers for our Kids Squad Program
- Equipment Rental – harness, shoes and chalk
- Entry to facility
- Instructor and full supervision for the squad duration (please note parent are welcome to stay and watch).
- 10% Discount on retail equipment
What To Bring:
- Drink bottle
- Light, comfortable clothes (very short shorts and crop tops are not great for climbing!!!)
- Socks (must be worn with climbing shoes)
To Register please email your interest to email@example.com (including the child’s name & age) and we will send you a registration form to be completed and brought in when payment is made.