Position Vacant – We have a Permanent Part Time Position available in the gym. Details below. If you are interested please email us your resume and we will be in touch soon for a chat!!!
Permanent Part-Time Position -Assistant Manager at Indoor Climb South Coast
Hours: Approximately 19 hours per week (minimum), mostly covering Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Includes some evening work.
The role includes a broad range of duties to assist the owners in managing the gym and running day to day shifts, including the following:
- Assisting in the marketing and administrative functions required to run the gym. This includes working on marketing strategies, managing stock, helping coordinate special events, generating and posting social media content, helping to manage bookings and customer inquiries.
- General customer service duties, checking customers in and out of the gym, taking transactions, dealing with inquiries (including answering emails, taking bookings), setting up memberships and maintaining customer records.
- Performing gym inductions and belay training, monitoring of customers for safety and providing friendly assistance as required.
- Providing gym safety oversight and enacting emergency procedures in line with ICSC Emergency Management Processes.
- Undertaking regular gear maintenance checks.
- Retail gear sales.
- Running kids squad sessions and kids parties.
- Has a Passion for climbing. The ideal person does not have to be an advanced climber, but a sound working knowledge of the sport along with regular participation is important.
- While formal outdoor recreation qualifications are not crucial, a sound working knowledge of key climbing safety systems and belay techniques is required.
- A strong focus on safety and being able to follow procedures.
- Comfort with heights and good physical fitness.
- Good communication skills with an ability to deal with a range of different people in a friendly and confident way, including children.
- Happy to work as a key part of a small, friendly team in a family business.
- Working with children checks and first aid certificate.
Get in touch with us HERE